Posted to sci.electronics.repair
badgerboy badgerboy is offline

Default Toaster oven thermostat

Just for fun, I'd like to fix my old toaster oven. It was not very
old and in very fine condition except for a burned out thermostat.

Its a Magic Chef model ctb650m, and the thermostat is a mechanical
type, with the following written on it:

Keensound 125V 12A KS198 1300

I have written to the MagicChef address on the user manual but so far
received no reply. I think they may be out of the business. I wonder
if there are any suggestions on how to obtain a replacement or
equivalent thermostat. Even a similar one that I could rig in, even
if temperatures were off a bit, would be fine.

Thanks, Guy