Posted to rec.woodworking
Life_Is_Good_In_Austin Life_Is_Good_In_Austin is offline

Default Cut my workmate front panel in 2

On Feb 19, 9:47 pm, Lew Hodgett wrote:

If the repair is made correctly, don't bet the farm. The repair is far
stronger that the basic wood.

If you truly want strength, lay a piece of 6-10 glass on each side.

Lew

I have no doubt that the epoxy will be hard enough, but I am concerned
about the bonding within the bamboo fibers. This is where my
experimentation with the glue failed I believe. It did not get in as
it does with pine wood.

How would you recommend to prepare the board 2 pieces to ensure that
the epoxy will penetrate and "grip" on/in the wood?

Instead of the glass, I plan to glue some thin hard wood under the
board to re-enforce it after the epoxy cured completely. That should
add some support.

Vincent