Posted to rec.woodworking
NuWaveDave NuWaveDave is offline

Default Spraying vs. Rolling Kitchen Cabinets

"GG.and.UN." wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for your reply Dave, very informative. I've been thinking of
using that exact same product to thin the paint and I'll pick it up
when I go to Home Depot. I'm pretty sure that Bullseye is a Zinser
product; so yes I think. Unfortunately I think your right about it
being inferior and I should have went with a BM primer but it's too
late for that. Zinser was recommended by the local DIY store and by
Home Depot; though I usually don't trust too many recommendations from
Home Depot. I'll pick up some of those hotdog rollers too. Oh, and
yes we do have them taken down and laid flat.

You may be looking at stripping, re-sanding, re-priming and re-rolling.
Try sanding the stroke marks and dimples first then try re-rolling your
finish coat.
I'm certain Home Depot sells the hotdog rollers, we buy them in the
six-pack but your Ben Moore dealer should also have the square-ended six
inch rollers and we've even used 9 inch foam rollers on slab interior doors.
Just try to lay down a good coat in, maybe, two or three passes and then
resist the temptation to roll it out and roll it out. It will look dimpled
initially but level out by the time it dries to the touch. Reload your
roller often.
Careful with the Penetrol; too much will flatten the sheen of the
enamel.
There are a lot of reasons to dislike Home Depot and their paint
selection is reason no. 2 on my list.
--
Dave in Houston