Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
David Klyne David Klyne is offline

Default Designated parking spaces at superstore

"dg" wrote in message
oups.com...
I found a refreshing use of designated parking spaces at a new Wickes
near me.

Instead of disabled and 'mother and baby' spaces near the doors, the
bays were actually marked up with icons of vans, and are designated
for van parking.

So I wonder, if i see a car parked there, and I have to park my van
amongst the 'normal' cars, can I go up to the car driver and give them
a dirty condescending look, or have a rant at them, and feel perfectly
justified?

Well done Wickes.

Whilst I think this is an excellent idea its a pity they don't make all
parking bays larger, rather like the local Costo. Given the bulky nature of
a lot of their sales you need more room around you to avoid damaging other
cars.

David - Milton Keynes