Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default TEK 465M Scope - Power Supply Voltages

"dale" wrote in news:ZCsCh.1340$XT.705@trnddc06:

Jim,
Yes, the lead I disconnected was from a post on the multiplier to a
separate post on the xfmr. Sam mentions a tantalum cap. Is there a
certain one that I should check? If the osc transistor failed would it
load down the supplies?

Don't you think a shorted xstr would blow the 32Vunreg fuse?

I'll be on travel for a few days and unable to
do any more testing until Thursday pm. Can I write you at kua.net?

FIRST,I suggest you READ THE CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION for the HV oscillator.
Then you should know how to troubleshoot it. I'm not going to tell you
"check this,then this ,then this".....ad infinitum.

I also do not have any TEK manuals to reference,I work from memory.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks,
Dale
"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Sam Goldwasser wrote in
:

writes:

Jim,
I disconnected the HV drive at pin 10 of the transformer where it
is connected to the HV multiplier. Fuse still blows. What next?

Was that the wire from a post on the side of the multiplier to a
separate post on the xfmr?

This isn't the usual shorted tantalum cap problem?

then the HV osc xstr is probably failed.

time to troubleshoot.

BTW,there's an excellent circuit description in the service manual
that tells how the circuits work,I always referred back to them,I
consider them invaluable.I hope they included it on your CDROM.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik