Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default They did it again!

Harry K wrote:
On Feb 18, 7:39 pm, "Rick Brandt" wrote:
Harry K wrote:
Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb
*&)s did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and
again they are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close
enough that you have to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots
were puzzled when people didn't use the old dollar coins. They
didn't listen apparently when told that the major objection was
the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as
a fifty?

The same problem as coins you can't tell by size. You have to look at
them each and every time. Now you can't do much about paper bills as
they will all feel the same no matter the denomination but there is no
reason the dollar coin couldn't be made enough bigger than the quarter
to be told by size. Say about 1/2 way between the quarter and 50cent
coin. You could sort coins by denomination in your pocket by feel up
until the dollar coin.

Harry K

C'mon, it IS bigger AND a different color AND with a different edge.

The reason dollar coins are not popular is because COINS are not popular. We
put up with the others because we have to and the majority of us carry them
precisely as long as it takes to dump them in a big container at the house.

Dollar coins (of any shape and size) will catch on 100% the moment they stop
printing paper dollars.