Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless power tool batteries deteroriate with time?

"a1esta" wrote in message
I intend to buy a cordless screw driver mainly for use in driving
screws on cabinets, walls etc. And I will use it only about 3 to 4
times per year. And if the batteries really have shelf life, it would
not be econimcal. Would it be better to get the corded tool instead?

Batteries have improved, but they will still deteriorate over time. Keeping
them cold is not going to help in the long run. In your situation, it is
difficult to monetarily justify a cordless tool knowing you will never get
full value of the batteries. If you get three to four years out of them,
you'd be about average, longer is a big plus. Only you can put a value on
the convenience of cordless.