Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] harleyron@webtv.net is offline

Default They did it again!

A question about dollar coins was posted and to this I say:

Better yet get rid of all coinage and paper money!
Some years ago my folks went to Finland to visit the relations and the
locals "load" there cell phones with credit than when they want A candy
bar or A soda they aim the phone at the vending machine and pull the
"trigger" which activates the machine vending the product of choice
deducting the cost from the stored credit on the phone.No muss-no fuss
and no dirty lucre to lug around.
This would really P.O. the street level drug dealers and prevent
vending machine owners from any profit skimming . Haven't figured out
the tag sale problem yet but give me time to work on it!
H.R.
P.S. I understand Japan has the same kind of thing on there phones.