Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default tales of a flapper

On Feb 19, 6:56 pm, mm wrote:
On 17 Feb 2007 18:27:49 -0800, "Mikepier"
wrote:

I've said this many times in the past before, especially with Eljer.
Get the original equipment flappers, not the universal aftermarket
ones made by Fluidmaster or other companies. If you go on Eljers
website and look up your toilet, you can order the flapper. I had
problems with my Eljer toilet and when I got the OEM flapper it fixed
the problem.

BTW, where is the model number on a toilet?

I'm not sure where the model # is if there is one. Maybe in the tank.
You pretty much have to look at the picture in the catalog and
determine which is yours.
I have to make a correction, I actually ordered my parts from these
guys:
http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/index.htm
They were helpful over the phone.

Eljers website list most of the toilets they made here, look to the
right for "repair parts"
http://www.eljer.com/Products/Produc...gory1=Toil et
You pretty much have to scroll down the entire list of toilets to
determine which is yours.