Posted to alt.home.repair
wayne wayne is offline

Default Aprilaire Humidifier

I would get a new drip type humifier they are much better and you will not
have anywhere near the maintenance as all you need to do is change the filter.
there is a solenoid to turn the drip of water on and off. No standing water
so no scum or mold isssues are a major plus

ello EvenStephen,

My ten year old furnace has an Aprilaire humidifier (Model 550) on it.
It has quit working. I clean my furnace filters monthly and oil the
motor as required, but I completely forgot to clean the in-line
strainer that is on the humidifier. I tool it apart and cleaned it
but the humidifier still does not pump water through the system I'm
guessing that the humidifier "pump" was water cooled and has burnt
out. Before I go buy an replacement part, could it be something else?
Thanks!