Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Brown Doug Brown is offline

Default Cut my workmate front panel in 2

I don't want to question your method, Lew, but as I read the OP's original
post, he cut right through the panel, not just cutting a groove in it but
making it into two separate pieces. I fully believe that your method would
work well for repairing a kerf sized groove but I am not so sure that it
would work for joining the two pieces back together.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
Life_Is_Good_In_Austin wrote:

I will give it a try tonight.

Don't try to do the whole job in one shot.

Thicken the epoxy to the consistency of mayo so that it will NOT pour, but
rather needs to be pushed into the groove with a stick.

Fill the top half of the cut a little proud, then wait at least 72 hours.

Switch the 1x4 from top to bottom and re-clamp, then finish filling a
little proud.

Wait 72 hours, sand both sides flush and enjoy.

Lew