Posted to rec.woodworking
NuWaveDave NuWaveDave is offline

Default Spraying vs. Rolling Kitchen Cabinets

"GG.and.UN." wrote in message
oups.com...
We are doing quite a bit of remodeling in our house including new
countertops, redoing the hard wood floor, and painting the kitchen
cabinets.

Our Benjamin Moore dealer likes to tell us that BM [Satin Finish]
Impervo doesn't require additives but we often amend it anyway with a
product called Penetrol to help level the paint. It only takes a capful or
two per quart. Read the label directions if you opt to use it.
I'm not sure that the Bullseye Primer was your best choice either. Is
that a pigmented shellac like KILZ or Zinser?
A final question: Have you removed the doors and laid them flat for
painting? I've found that it always produces better leveling. Don't roll
and roll and roll either. The more you work the paint the more likely you
are to leave brush marks.
Leon is on the money with the hotdog style rollers, we've had good
success rolling slab doors and cabinet doors with them.
Still, nothing beats a spray finish in my book.

--
NuWave Dave in Houston