Posted to rec.woodworking
GG.and.UN. GG.and.UN. is offline

Default Spraying vs. Rolling Kitchen Cabinets

No, don't use a hair type roller.

Home Depot and Lowe's stock the 4" x 1" rollers. They are white in color.
There are also the yellow ones that are very porous. Stay from them for
this job.

And, yes the foam is not real porous like typical foam rubber. Not much
paint soaks into them and the paint goes a long way. Be careful not to over
load the roller until you get the feel.

Look here

http://www.quali-techmfg.com/Pages/rf.html

So by 1" roller you meant 1" diameter right? I thought you meant 1"
length which would be great for painting the structure of the
cabinets. I did use some 4" Premium Foam Whizz foam rollers that
worked OK but still leave a slight texture. I also tried a 7" Wooster
pro tiz 3/16" yellow foam roller that did exactly what you said - very
porous and they left a ton of bubbles. I had tried a candy stripe hair-
type roller too and it worked better than the Wooster but not as good
as the Whizz. I'll have to look for the white ones. Any other
recommendations or specifics as I have to drive an hour to get to a
Lowes or Home Depot. Thanks very much for your help!