Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default They did it again!

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:08:37 -0500, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

Better yet, let's dump pennies and the dollar bill.

Not so fast there!

The "Penny Dump" is LONG overdue. Because of the extra effort when making
change it $.01 piece is a drag on the economy.

The law should require that transactions be "rounded up" to the nearest $.05
unless the seller decides on a different policy. That way, when you get
change you don't get your cents.

For reasons of fairness, that should be "rounded" rather than "rounded
up".

If the US gets another round of inflation, the "next step" would be to get
rid of the $.05 and $.10.

But bring in the $1.00 "token" (as it doesn't contain silver or gold) coin
while we still have the $.01 piece a mistake.

Do you know that
when we made a good decision to dump the half penny it was worth about 20¢
in today's money? Let's lighten our pockets and get rid of the nickel

and
quarter also and re-issue a smaller 50¢ piece and a $5.00 coin making the
$10.00 our smallest bill and the dime the smallest coin. Then those

$19.95
deals will become $19.90. (or $19.9) :-)

Good thinking.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com