Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default They did it again!

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 18, 10:23 pm, "Harry K" wrote:
Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Who cares? I can't remember the last time I used cash for anything.
I'm not even sure I have ANY cash in my wallet. Do people really still
use cash for anything anymore? I doubt I've handled cash in over a
year. Where are you going and what are you buying for which you need
cash? After all, credit cards are free, they give you cash back, and
you can pay your balance in full once a month right online. Why on
earth would anyone NOT use them for everything?

They don't take plastic at yard sales, or lotsa other places normal people
shop. And normal people get irritated as hell when somebody ahead of them in
line uses plastic for a 2 dollar purchase, at a retailer that doesn't have
one of those whiz-bang customer operated terminals. There will always be a
need for cash.

aem sends....