Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default AFCI and UPS?

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:41:04 -0500, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Charles Schuler wrote:
AFCIs are rather new. Any installation that new should not have faked
grounds. Did you mean GFCIs?

No, I put the AFCI in myself after purchasing the house.

Unless the authorities "know" about what you are doing, I suggest you
replace the AFCI with either a normal breaker or jus a GFCI breaker.

The AFCI is quickly developing a reputation among the "pros" as something
that will cause the homeowner to make a lot of trips between the bedroom and
the basement.

If the NEC really, really considered arc faults to be a special danger in
bedrooms, it should have considered making arc detection set off an alarm
rather than cutting off the power.

This scheme (AFCI for bedroom circuits) is the equivalent of having a smoke
detector turn off the lights rather than just make a loud noise.

you're supposed to light a candle :-)
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com