Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Insulating hi hats

On Feb 19, 12:35 pm, wrote:
I would really appreciate some help with an insulation problem. We
have an a family room with an A-frame ceiling. It was originally a
porch that we enclosed years ago. We had 16 dimmable hi-hats put in.
This room has always been extremely cold in the winter. It turns out
that cold air is pouring in from behind the hi-hats. I don't know how
much, if any, insulation is under the roof, but what options do we
have for fixing this problem?

Sophia

you'll need to know whether the fixtures are rated for direct contact
with insulation or not. Unfortunately I can't remember the letters
that denote this...

nate