Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Venting gas water heaters vs. gas stoves.

Our stove has four 15,000 BTU burners. This is on the high side for
residential cooktops. When I have all four burners running on max
(60,000 BTU) for any length of time (a minute or two is all it
takes), the kitchen gets hot enough that I have no choice but to open
virtually all of the windows on the first floor, particularly with a
houseful of guests, as likely would be the case with a big
Thanksgiving dinner. I can't imagine how uncomfortable 100,000 BTU
would be in that situation. The open windows are plenty of
ventilation.

But I'm guessing that such a large stove also has a vent hood??