Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Unique Unique is offline

Default Sylvania remote or tv problem

Jim Elbrecht wrote in message:
,

My 80yr old parents have a Sylvania SRT2227s that quit responding to
the remote. [first a couple buttons- then all of them]

They've bought 2 universal remotes and couldn't get either to work.
[My sister and brother tried, too- both good 'direction followers'.]

So as I was leaving their house yesterday after snow-blowing their
driveway all day, mom asks if I can get them a new remote that just
controls the TV. I asked if she was sure it wasn't the TV's
problem and not the remote, and she isn't.

So I figure the first thing I should do is try this remote on another
TV. [especially when I see that a simple remote is $30]

I don't see any numbers on it but it is the remote that came with this
TV in 2002. It does say Sylvania on it. Bought at Sears, if that
changes anything.

Before I bother my TV repair guy with this one, is there a list of
what TV's this remote should control-- or some way to determine if it
is the remote or the TV- when the TV is an hour away?

Thanks
Jim

http://www.replacementremotes.com/store/index.cfm

--
DVDs for sale: http://unique-dvd.com
Banned Cartoons, The Unknown War, Holocaust