Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Sony KV-27TS29 picture problem

Corrupt data in the EEPROM for H sync is likely. These sets have a tendency
to do that sometimes. Go into the service menu and adjust it. If you can't
get it back that way there may be a failure that needs troubleshooting.

Leonard

"bthrem" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, my 4 year old twins were feuding and rapidly turning our Sony
KV-27TS29 on and off. The unit still powers and has sound, but the
picture is now just horizontal jagged lines. I tried signals in both
the coax jack and line-in and the picture is the same in both. I'm
handy enough with a soldering iron that I could swap out a few parts
if given some guidance. Any thoughts on what compenet(s) might have
gone bad?

Thanks,
Bob

It has removed 34849 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!