Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Turner Turner is offline

Default Which Midi lathe?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 07:25:16 -0800, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

In article . com,
" wrote:

And as a side comment, if you are going to make this a project that
generates additional income, look around and see what you can turn
that isn't already covering the market. Pens are a great projects,
and some of them are real works of art, but unless you get in the
right market, they are a really difficult sell.

Robert has a good point, if you are trying to make a business, you need
to come up with a plan to separate yourself from everyone else.

Both Robert and your advices are most important for anyone
who intend going into business or earn side income. I have
learned from past experienced that I will never forget. I
poured substantial sums in a BIG way and lost almost
everything. My wife had been selling stuff in the net since
2001 in a very small way, in spite of competition she
survives and helps to put foods on the table. What I will be
doing are completely different from her home business, but
complementary. She had in fact sold a few of my items. I am
trying to increase the qty., variety and improved what I
have made. BTW, I am not making any pens, I'll leave that
to the pros. Thanks a million.