Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Installing Laundry Sink in basement, do I need a sink pump?

On Feb 17, 2:55 pm, wrote:
I would like to put a laundry sink in the basement (w/ the washer and
dryer which is already there) but need to figure out how I am going to
drain the sink. I thought I could just piggy back onto the washer,
use the same water and drain. I then realized that the bottom of my
sink will be about six inches lower than the top of the lowest point I
can make the drain intake. If my theory is correct, the sink will
drain to this point and stop since water naturally levels. I'm not a
physics expert but is there a way around installing a pump for just
six inches? I thought maybe?? a check valve would work, but somehow
doubt it..... My main reservation agaist the pump is the cost - ~
$200. I had hoped this would be a cheap and simple project. Any
ideas are greatly appreciated.

Have a sump pump? Drain into that, mine does. Might not be legal
though.

Harry K