Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
bent bent is offline

Default redoing floor of fixing it?

I just searched for the term bar top or bartop but then realized its from
the rec.woodworking (the wreck) NG. May have more luck copying it over
there too. I am not a chemist and do not know the answer on how to use this
product in this context, nor any other answer.

(for OE)
Edit,
Find,
Message...,
"bartop" in Subject: OR Message: field

I just had a thought about drizzling it into the gaps before or at the same
time as another coat of hard-surface (non-Spar/marine/floor) poly. One
knowledgeable about chemistry would advise best method, however I would
think avoiding extraneous sanding a priority. I have done poly floors like
that with a lambswool applicator on a pole. Its like a mophead you wrap a
lambswool pad around.

http://www.parish-supply.com/lambswool_applicator.htm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
.
my wife and I live in an old apartment with wooden floors. The floor
is fine for the most part but it has started to show its age.
.
the main problem we have right now is there are big cracks between
alot of the wood slats - the cracks are very visible, and fill up with
dirt. Also, the slats are giving in and make quite a bit of noise
.
landlord did some sh!ty work with putty that has cracked and creates
a mess*
.
We would like to fill the cracks witha material that will not allow
dirt to fall between the wood and that is durable and also looks
good.
.
Both my wife and I have no problem whatsoever with doing the work
ourselves.
.
what would you suggest?
.