Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer Noozer is offline

Default Texture to Oil or Latex Paint

wrote in message
oups.com...
Three season porch bare drywall 350 sq. feet

I need a primer coat and a finished color. Because of high humidity,
I plan on using an oil-based primer and tinted latex as the finish
coat.

Uhm... I don't think you can put Latex over Oil. I could be wrong, but I'd
go with all oil or all latex.

I want a sand texture wall and usually add the dry texture plastic
particles to the primer and apply with a roller. I am thinking it
would be less of a mess to roll the primer on and then add the texture
to the latex finish coat. Any reasons why this would not work? thanks

Should be OK, but the finish coats lifetime will be reduced a fair bit due
to the extra wear it will see. If you can, use the sand on the first finish
coat and then plain paint on the second coat.