Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default They did it again!

I don't use them for that reason. However, when travelling to Canada
I never have a problem with their Loonies so I think it's probably
psychological. I think if they take away our paper $1 we would adapt
fairly fast.

Yep!

"Cold Turkey" is the only way to go.

That's how England introduced the Thachers (the 1 pound coin): after a
certain date the paper money was no long legal currency.

The English coin is a GREAT design: it's is about "quarter" sized but
almost twice as thick. It's gold in color. The edge has find "curling"
plus some extra lettering.

I don't know the situation today, but back in the 80s, the Bank of Scotland
still printed 1 pound paper notes which WERE legal but the Bank of England 1
pound paper bills were not.

That's why there will always be an England and a Scotland and a Wales!