Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default mahogany for cutting board?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 06:03:50 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
So you're now denying this exchange:

NO, I was not the person that posted it was toxic. I'm not denyhing
anything, YOU are putting words in my mouth and making the wrong
attributions.

So you are denying that
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/msg/38729504d88cc7cf
is your post? And that "any of them can" is _your_ statement?

Since you don't even seem to be able to keep track of what _you_ said
that puts me one up.

Further, neither of those lists addresses food contact with a finished
product made of the wood in question.

Why are you being such a jerk about this?

Why are you making a fool of yourself? Go back in your newsreader,
carefully follow the postings. I was not the one that said anything about
toxicity. I merely posted two informative links to pages that address the
situation. I made no comment about it. Draw your own conclusions about how
they affect you and how the wood is used.

I've posted the text of your message once and a link to your entire
message.

If you "made no comment" then are you saying that someone forged that
post in your name?

Any sensible person that followed the thread, read who said what, knows who
the jerk is. Why do you insist I said something that I didn't say?

Because according to the record you did indeed say it.

Below is a copy of my post as it appeared. Sorry about your problem
following it.

************************************************* ************************************************** *************************

"Tim W" wrote in message

"J T" wrote in message
Sat, Feb 17, 2007, 10:57pm (EST+5)

really you can use any wood you like

Note to self, don't eat at your house. There are some woods out
there toxic enough to kill.

Grown near nuclear power stations?

Go on, tell us, what wood is that toxic? We know you are dying to.

Tim W

http://www.lumberpost.com/ArticleID-105.htm
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/wis30.pdf

sigh

Try

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************
From: "Edwin Pawlowski"
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 00:46:24 GMT
Subject: mahogany for cutting board?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

http://www.lumberpost.com/ArticleID-105.htm
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/wis30.pdf

So please identify the entry in either of those lists which is "toxic
enough to kill" when used in a cutting board.

Any of them can, depending on your tolerance, susceptibility, general
health. Aside from that, I did not say they would kill, I just posted
FACTS. Use them how you see fit.

Are you denying that that is your post? If so then whose was it?

Are you asserting that "any of them can" can be interpreted in any
manner other than to indicate that any wood on either of those lists
can kill due to toxicity when used n a cutting board? If so please be
kind enough to explain this alternative interpretation.

Or are you saying that "any of them can" is negated by "I did not say
they would kill"? If so then you are contradicting yourself in a
single paragraph. Either they can or they can't, so which is it?