Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The legalities of putting sharp and pointy things on the topof walls/gates

Tom Woods wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:22:11 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:35:31 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

|!On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:18:00 -0000 someone who may be "nightjar"
|!nightjar@insert my surname here.uk.com wrote this:-
|!
|!Anything that could cause injury or harm to a passer-by is illegal. That is
|!generally taken to mean anything that could cause injury or harm and is not
|!at least 2.5m above ground level. Anything that is at least 2.5m above
|!ground level will be illegal if designed or intended to act as a trap.
|!
|!Ah, so fish ponds and plants with spikes are illegal.

I am about to plant prickly species roses and a border ?marker? Perhaps OP
should consider replacing the wall with prickly roses, or adding a row of
other prickly plants inside the wall. They are garden plants officer ;-)

I would prefer a hedge to a wall - but the wall is much more
'immediate'!.

I am wondering if there are any climbing plants i can grow over the
top of it that are spikey or unpleasant in some way?

Lots. Brambles spring to mind.