Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which tile adhesive?

F wrote:
On 17/02/2007 15:26 Stuart Noble wrote:

Wall tile stuff has always worked for me. You'll know within a few
minutes if it's grabbing or not

I gave the wall adhesive a try and it seemed to stick but within a
couple of hours most of the tiles were hanging off. The adhesive
appeared to have expanded and forced them away from the board. A couple,
though are quite firm.

Looks like I've got some cleaning off to do to try the wooden floors
adhesive.

If that fails, I've always got a cartridge of Screwfix's Pink Grip!

I used evostik waterproof adhesive.. it is less likely to do that..the
cheaper ones dry very fast and don't adhere properly.