Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom Woods Tom Woods is offline

Default The legalities of putting sharp and pointy things on the top of walls/gates

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:55:40 +0000, Rob Horton
wrote:

Grow Pyracantha up your wall. It looks good, grows fast and like it's
popular name (fire thorn) suggests, is really very, very painful when
it's thorns prick your skin. I can personally testify to that

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/plants/pyracantha/1003352/

I will look into pyracantha. There are currently some very stunted (im
amazed they are even alive since the soil is more like clay and full
of big rocks!) rhodedendrums along the inside of the wall. I was going
to move those and fit trellis or similar up the inside of the wall so
i get to look at something nice.

If it is within your boundaries I can't see it being a problem. Not sure
about the gate. maybe smear the top of it with anti vandal paint. Just
make sure it is above the minimuk height and the signs are displayed.

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/SE...NDAL_PAINT.htm

Let us know what happens.