Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Gas Fireplace - Fan Runs - Very little comes out

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:07:22 GMT, PaPaPeng wrote:

I'll be visiting a home with a gas fireplace tonight and report back.

As far as we can determine the hot gas fire fumes are just vented
convectionally through the flue. This venting does not have a fan
assist. The fan is to draw air from the room, pass it through its own
ducting, be heated by the fire. This hot air is then vented back
into the room. through the louvers on the top front side of the
fireplace.