Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default fitting spotlights in bathroom

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message
news:6I5Ch.100591$Y6.55861@edtnps89...

"Jamie" t wrote in
message ...

I don't' know what country you're in

In the UK. God knows why it's posting in this group from there.

Just as a matter of interest, the latest additions to the regs here now do
not allow for a person who is not a fully qualified electrician, to do any
work to the lighting circuit in a bathroom. All of this work now, in theory
at least, has to be informed to the local planning agency, and certified by
the person doing it.

Although non-qualified electricians can continue to do some work, such as
adding a single socket to an existing circuit, most of the jobs that we all
used to do as a matter of course, are now severely curtailed. I would
suggest that if the OP has to ask how to do this job, he is not sufficiently
qualified to do it even ignoring the new rules ...

Arfa