Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Termites... bugger

On Feb 18, 6:18 pm, wrote:

Now this is a back fence so it's about 30 metres away from the house.
But I'm worried that if I move the old fence pailings to take them to
the tip that I will cause them to move to my house (off the ground on
brick piers with ant caps).

If by ant caps you are referring to metal flashing bent back towards
the ground, that is a very good barrier for termites also.

To move the pailings I have to carry them
past my house out to the front. Sounds funny but what happens if
termites jump off the pailings when I'm walking past my house.

Termites don't jump, they crawl slowly.

I dont really want to burn the old fence because I'll have to wait 4
months until Winter and we have a total fire ban here in Australia.

I'm confused. If it is so dry that you have a burn ban, where are the
termites getting their moisture to survive?

While I'm at it... theres alot of up and downs, and the cost of
termite protection I dont really have the money for.

We have an old saying "Pay me now or pay me later". Meaning that
spending a little money now for protection is much better than
spending a lot of money later for repairs.

Bob