Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Amazing Shrinking Doorway!

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Use a block of wood to protect surfaces and a hammer to knock the frame
back into position. Should take about 10 seconds to fix. Tools needed is
a hammer and block of wood about 3inch x 3inch by 2 inch.

No place for it to go. Also storm door frame is screwed very securely into
the door jam. If there was room, it would move the frame away from the
threshold.

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
et...
We recently moved into a '96 mobile home and have developed an
interesting problem. The storm door opening is narrowing at the bottom.
The frame doesn't seem to have moved (there is a metal threshold between
the door frame sides), but now the door is too small for the opening.
The storm door frame is tight to the wooden frame. We have been in the
trailer since early November and have not had a problem. We have been
having generally warm weather (above freezing), but recently had near
zero temps lately and are in a warming spell again, up to 50 today. Any
ideas would be welcomed!

Mike D.