Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default cat urine under deck

On Feb 17, 10:57 pm, "
wrote:
Anyone have experience removing the strong stench of cat urine from
under a deck?

I don't know how to get rid of such a smell except time and
ventilation. I think you should be able to exclude the cats from
under the deck with a lattice perhaps reinforced with wire. Then
maybe put a big fan down there to bring in fresh air and remove the
old.

I live in the sticks and these neighbors of mine allow these half-wild
cats to live and breed in an old unused trailer house, they might feed
them occasionally. I think it kind of stinks myself but I dont' say
anything cause It's not my business.

Once I found a dead cat under my house when I was working under there
and it freaked me out. It was stiff as a board. I asked the neighbor
if she had one like that and she said no but I doubt if she even knows
how many or what king of cats she has out there. It just sucks.

Occasionally one will stray onto my place and my dogs will chase them
into a tree. A lot will shoot cats that wander onto their place and
it is legal here. I won't shoot a cat myself.

I have two real nice cats who live inside with me and even sleep on
the bed. They go outside if they want but they like it inside quite
well. One time I put up a post in the cat lovers group and they
flamed the hell out of me!

The real cat lovers don't ever let theirs outside but so far it's
working for me. Here's a real cool pic of my one cat, Donny.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/P1100005.jpg