Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie East Charlie East is offline

Default Toshiba 51 RPTV

I am working on a Toshiba 42h83 with the same problem, I found a lot of info
at techlore.com, search the 42h83 then look at picture zigzag, Seems the
digital converter board is a commom failure on several models. 11 (10@16v)
surface mount caps that need changing. I replaced them in this set and cured
the zigzag, however there is still a ghosting problem, So I would suggest
replacing the board, Its a plugin board, but the shield is soldered to the
main moard at 4 places.
Charlie

"j" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sorry it is a 50HDX82, it was a higher level Toshiba at the time of
purchase. This sems to be a common problem with them? He talked
about rebuilding it himself, should I trust this or insist on a
factory rebuild?

Thanks