Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Socket/swtich boxes - Plaster removal.

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:52:18 GMT, John Stumbles
mused:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:09:54 +0000, Yaz wrote:

I havce had some awful plasterers who had plastered over all my sockets and
switches.

Do you mean the holes for the backboxes or are the backboxes in and the
plaster has gone in to them? Be fair to the plasterers: what are they
supposed to do? You can't plaster up to a hole and stop: plaster doesn't
work like that. They probably ought to have told you that though, then you
could have done something about it like cut blocks of kingspan and stuffed
them in the boxes.

No, but a decent plasterer will attempt to square off the plaster at
the sockets whilst it is still wet rather than leaving it for someone
to come and chisel it al out when it's dried. Some are better than
others at not filling boxes in the first place as well.
--
Regards,
Stuart.