Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default stopping a leak in a basketball

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:09:30 -0500, mm
wrote:

I have a Wilson basketball that leaks strangely.

From the input valve, about 2 little bubbles a second.

Any suggestions on how to make it stop leaking?

What's strange is that when it was pretty firm, from a 6-inch hand
pump, it didn't leak at all it seemed, for weeks. But when I got a
better pump, an 18-inch pump that has a thing you can stand on while
you pump, I got it up to full firmness, and only a day later, it was
softer than when it stayed pretty firm for weeks.

I tried putting as much spit as I could on the needle, but I think
most of it got wiped off when I put the needle in.

I wonder if "Fix-A-Flat" would work.

J/K

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info