Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Question about septic systems

Be there when it's pumped.
It's a lot easier for the waste hauler to just drop the pipe in,
suck up an unknown amount of water, and be on the way.
Lot more involved in seeing that the sludge accumulation
is removed. And sludge includes the solid and semisolid
residue of the septic tank digestion process. Stuff that will
not conveniently drift over to the pump tube to be sucked
out.

On Feb 18, 12:56 pm, "Buster Chops" wrote:
You have already seen the advice o have the system inspected BEFORE you
settle -- make the offer contingent upon the inspection. And also make the
seller have the system pumped and offer you confirmation. Depending on the
locale, this may be a requirement anyway.

Systems that are pumped on a routine basis and not violated by extreme use
will be fine

"Dan" wrote in message

. ..

My wife & I are considering buying a house with a septic tank. I have
never lived in a property that had such a system, but have always heard
they can be troublesome (most things can, I guess). System is described
by MLS as "Two bedroom septic", which I gather indicates its capacity. If
anyone can give me some feedback on just how problematic septic systems
can be, any questions I might ask the realtor when we see the house for
the 1st time (he probably won't KNOW, but at least I'LL look like I DO
;-), any other general comments on septics, etc. There would be just the
2 of us living in the house, which is located in the Seattle area.

TIA

Dan