Posted to alt.home.repair
Buster Chops Buster Chops is offline

Default Question about septic systems

You have already seen the advice o have the system inspected BEFORE you
settle -- make the offer contingent upon the inspection. And also make the
seller have the system pumped and offer you confirmation. Depending on the
locale, this may be a requirement anyway.

Systems that are pumped on a routine basis and not violated by extreme use
will be fine

"Dan" wrote in message
. ..
My wife & I are considering buying a house with a septic tank. I have
never lived in a property that had such a system, but have always heard
they can be troublesome (most things can, I guess). System is described
by MLS as "Two bedroom septic", which I gather indicates its capacity. If
anyone can give me some feedback on just how problematic septic systems
can be, any questions I might ask the realtor when we see the house for
the 1st time (he probably won't KNOW, but at least I'LL look like I DO
;-), any other general comments on septics, etc. There would be just the
2 of us living in the house, which is located in the Seattle area.

TIA

Dan