Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] whatever@whomever.com is offline

Default What wood is this?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:27:37 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article .com, "avid_hiker" wrote:
Western Red Cedar possibly if not the Douglas Fir? What ya think?

The OP's photo doesn't even resemble any type of cedar or fir. It is
*unquestionably* a hardwood, and it's almost certainly ash specifically.

Mr. Miller

There are so many variables. You cannot tell with by this photo alone
what species it is. One can only make asumptions for what was
available locally. You need to physically have the piece in hand or a
picture of the whole entire post for more clues.

I've graded/inspected all types of wood for 30 years. So I believe my
opinion is fairly good.

Regards
Dale