Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillR BillR is offline

Default home made chuck for finishing the bowl base?

"MinnJim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
Somewhere in this group I remember seeing a bit on holding the "lip"
of a bowl to finish turning the tenon etc. of the base. I"m using a
Talon 4 jaw chuck on a base tenon, but hate cutting/sanding off the
tenon after I've completed the inside/outside part of the bowl. If I
remember correctly it was a wooden addition/jaws set up to be used
with the 4 jaw chuck. It may have been a face plate/wood jaw device
also? I've tried searching this group but can"t find it. Any help
would be appreciated.
MinnJim

Is this for which you are looking?

http://www.oneway.on.ca/chucks/acces.../flat_jaws.htm