Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default If this is global warming...

On Feb 18, 2:36 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:

[biggie snip]

I see from your post ( 7 minutes ahead of mine G) that you do see a
future in fusion. I do want to clarify, that I see a future there as
well. My stance is that we shouldn't stop developing alternative
energy sources with the thought in mind that the fusion reactor will
save us all in the end. I'm a proponent of developing what works, What
gives us known data, so we can predict costs and ROI. That, in today's
world, is already quite difficult. A 5 billion dollar fission reactor
ended up costing 14 billion. Still, at a steady 2500 MW with known
maintenance costs, there's a pay-back horizon somewhere before the
life-span of the unit.
Fusion looks like a black hole to me, financially speaking.