Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any such thing as in-place pipe dope?

One answer is to call the bumbleheads back, and ask them to redo
the job. Of course, this might not work any better the second
time.

I know of no after the assembly sealant. Wish I did, I coulda
used it myself a few times.

At this point, the repair is considerable work. Dissemble the
pipe from the union to where the leak is. It's also possible to
take the elbow out with a sawzall, and dissemble some pipe.
Replace a length of pipe with two shorter pieces, and another
union.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
: I had some bumbleheads doing some remodeling work awhile back,
and
: recently I smelled propane near an exterior, above-ground run
of black
: pipe they installed. Tested with soapy water, and sure enough
one of
: the joints at an elbow is leaking. Getting this run apart so
that I
: can get to the elbow joint will be a hassle. Is there any way
: repair this without disassembly? Perhaps a liquid pipe dope
that I
: could brush on, and would seep in well enough to seal the
pinhole
: leak?
:
: Thanks,