Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Running electric cable in concrete floor

On 2007-02-18 09:33:15 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:45:05 +0000 someone who may be Broadback
wrote this:-

Now I am approaching the time to run the elect-trickery into the
kitchen. The distribution box is in the hall way which has a hatch into
the hollow floor which extends up to the kitchen where it is concrete. I
thought that I would run the cables up to this then cut channels into
the concrete and run the cabling in trunking bedded in this, the
concrete will be eventually tiled over. Is this feasible and any tips
please?

Install conduit in the floor, with easy bends where they bend up to
the walls. Put in draw strings (thin nylon rope is best) and draw in
singles which are terminated at the first accessory.

Run horizontally in your preferred wiring system between accessories
along the walls, so that you minimise the number of conduit runs
under the floor.

Beware of Mr Prescott if the house is in England or Wales.

Should be OK if the foundations are substantial enough....