Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Any such thing as in-place pipe dope?

Indeed, I see the Loctite remedy as a possibility
http://www.loctite.us/int_henkel/loctite_us/index.cfm?
pageid=19&layout=4&productline=OEM4000
But I find a second layer of protection to be nice. Such as
J.B.Weld.
But to keep it from niggling at the back of your mind,
redoing those joints correctly is going to do a lot for your
mental wellbeing. Gonna be a while before you trust someone
else to do a job, isn't it?

Loctite could well do it for you, though.

On Feb 17, 7:39 pm, wrote:

Yeah, I know. Seeing as it is only a 'pinhole' leak, I thought I'd
check to see if there was a product certified for this purpose.
Sounds like there isn't. I'll give the loctite some consideration,
but will probably go with breaking it apart and putting in a union.