Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Do the remote codes match for various universal remotes

"mm" wrote in message
Do the remote codes match for various universal remotes?

I have several brands of universal tv, vcr, dvd etc. remotes. For
some I have the list of codes, and for some I don't. Do they usually
have the same codes from brand to brand?

I know I could just compare two lists, or every list I have, but I
still wouldn't know about the others, and I thought someone might know
the answer right off the bat. Thanks.

NO they don't. Rather than asking a newsgroup why don't you go to
www.remotecentral.com to get more information. Are you talking about the
numbers you enter a pre-programmed remote so it will control a device, or
are you talking about the IR codes that are transmitted to the device in
order to control it. Neither are common between different brands.