Posted to alt.home.repair
Cabinets Galore Cabinets Galore is offline

Default What defines a "Ramada"

Though traditional ramadas were made with mesquite poles, ocotillo
canes, and saguaro, these materials are not readily available in
nurseries, and laws prevent harvesting from public land. Try eucalyptus,
fir, or pine branches, or bamboo poles and palm fronds. Wood and stakes
from a nursery or lumberyard would work. Build a more permanent
structure with a solid or partially open roof; some modern versions even
incorporate fireplaces, ceiling fans, and chaises.

Native Americans have been constructing similar sun shelters in the
Sonoran desert for centuries

that pretty much sums it up.