Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Revox A77 open reel machine

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
~db~® wrote:
I'm surprised that there aren't parts still
available for the A77 since it is still being used
in radio stations all over the US.

Surely you're not serious? The A77 is a domestic machine that is at least
25 years old. And is hopeless to edit on so never the choice of radio
stations. Studer are the pro side of Revox and made many suitable 1/4"
machines that were common in radio - once - but all the stations I know
now use DAW based systems.

The Studer/Revox A77 R-R tape deck is 40 years old. It was
introduced to the market in 1967. It was available to radio stations
before it was sold to the public.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell