Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] woodturningrev@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lathe Choices

Rikon makes a good lathe. Several extra features over the Jet and
Delta. I recommend them to my students when I teach woodturning
classes because the cost is reasonable and the quality seems solid.
Everything is standard on them in terms of sizes, so almost any
accessory that works with the Jet or Delta works with the Rikon.

THumphr wrote:
Hi everybody,
I'm getting ready to buy a starter lathe for myself. I was into
turning in highschool and I'm ready to get back into it.
I was just about to buy a Grizzly lathe and chuck when I received an
email from WoodCraft offering a oneday only 15% off on almost any
thing in the store!

So should I get the Rikon lathe and Pinnacle chuck from Woodcraft for
288.98 + tax or should I go for the Grizzly G0624 lathe and chuck for
$324.00 + tax.

-TH

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0624
http://www.grizzly.com/products/h6266