Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
[email protected] lbrtchx@hotmail.com is offline

Default redoing floor of fixing it?

Hi,
..
my wife and I live in an old apartment with wooden floors. The floor
is fine for the most part but it has started to show its age.
..
the main problem we have right now is there are big cracks between
alot of the wood slats - the cracks are very visible, and fill up with
dirt. Also, the slats are giving in and make quite a bit of noise
..
landlord did some sh!ty work with putty that has cracked and creates
a mess*
..
We would like to fill the cracks witha material that will not allow
dirt to fall between the wood and that is durable and also looks
good.
..
Both my wife and I have no problem whatsoever with doing the work
ourselves.
..
what would you suggest?
..